How you know that you have a mould allergy

Before starting to speak about the mould allergy symptoms, there has to be defined the term of mould. It is a fungus that lives on animal and plant matter. It also lives in poorly ventilated spaces and damp and it quickly reproduces by making spores. Its presence it is signaled by damp and musty smell. It needs moisture to grow, so the wet areas provide the best conditions for it. Sometimes the mould can be seen, it usually looks like a stain and can have a wide range of colours: orange, black, grey, green, white or brown. It looks like a fuzzy growth and often is located in the ceilings and cavities of the building. If the building owner has signs that mould may be installed in his building, then he should contact an indoor environmental testing firm, like indoormould.ca, to have a mould inspection. Mould is the cause of many illnesses and allergies, and sometimes the patient does not even know that he was exposed to mould and is allergic to it.

When a person has mould allergy, his immune system overreacts when the he breaths in mold spores. It can make the person’s eyes itch and he may cough. Sometimes it restricts breathing and its symptoms make the person feeling miserable. There is a type of toxic mould that triggers allergic reactions when the person is exposed to it. Because of this mold the person can develop skin rashes and skin diseases. Some of the toxic moulds cause severe infections to the persons who are vulnerable at these types of pathogens. The smell of the mold can cause illnesses like vomiting, headaches, blocked noses, nausea and asthmatic symptoms. Because toxic mold produces mycotoxins it is poisonous for the persons who enters in contact with it. These mycotoxins reach in the body of the person either by being inhaled, ingested or when they come in contact with the skin. It produces digestive tract illness like necrosis and fibrosis of the liver; respiratory illnesses when it affects the lungs and includes bleeding lungs, difficulty in breathing and stuffy noses; and reproductive illnesses which can cause infertility. Mold can be responsible for a wide range of serious illnesses like lupus, cancer, tuberculosis, chronic infant death syndrome, cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue disorder or Epstein-Barr.

The symptoms of mould allergy can include runny or stuffy nose, watery eyes, sneezing, itchy eyes, nose and throat or cough and postnasal drip. They may vary from a person to the other and they may have these symptoms during certain periods of the year or all the year. These symptoms may appear when the persons go in a certain outdoor or indoor space or when the weather is damp. The persons, who have also asthma, may experiment some different symptoms when they are exposed to mold spores. These may include chest tightness, coughing, shortness of breath or wheezing. When one or more of these symptoms persist, it is important for the affected person to go and see a doctor and have his house inspected by a specialised firm.